In 2014, Destiny Ethiko was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the City Folk Entertainment Awards.
Nollywood star Destiny Ethiko is one of the most successful actresses known for dramatic, funny and romantic roles. Today, she is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful, talented, hardworking and prolific actresses in Nigeria.
Here are 14 interesting facts about Destiny Ethico that you may not have known
1. Destiny Ethiko is a famous and wealthy Nollywood actress, screenwriter, TV presenter, producer and model. She is regarded as one of the most talented actresses in Nigeria and one of the most beautiful and popular celebrities in Nigeria. He hails from Udi, a small town in the state of Enugu in southeastern Nigeria. She is talented and creative in her profession of “acting” and interpreting film roles. It fits well with any character the filmmakers and directors have given it.
2. Destiny Ethiko is one of the most popular actresses in Nigeria today. She is a very good example of a woman who achieved her dreams through her perseverance and hard work. She was born on August 12, 1989. Her siblings include three brothers and one sister. His father was John Anonde Ethico, who died on May 15, 2020. Buried May 22, 2020. According to him, growing up was not fun for his family. The actress and her family live in a house with a leaky roof and always pray that it doesn’t rain.
3. Her mother is an actress. The actress once mentioned that her mother sacrificed her career to give her life for her family. Fate, a famous and rich man, decides to surprise his mother with an amazing gift. In 2019, the media broke the news about Destiny Ethiko’s house. The actress bought it as a gift for her mother. He gave it to her for her birthday to express respect and love for all the care and love she received from him, and a year later he bought a Toyota Spider for his mother. Unlike her mother, who gave up her dreams for her family, she dreams of meeting a man who is interested in acting.
4. Destiny Ethiko completed her primary and secondary education in Enugu State, a major city in southeastern Nigeria, where she received her First School Certificate and West Africa Secondary School Certificate. While still in high school, he was active in school plays, productions, and the performing arts. The young beauty dreams of becoming an actress like her mother. In 2011, he applied to the Actors Guild of Nigeria and became part of the Nigerian film industry, also known as Nollywood. In 2012, he successfully completed his Bachelor of Arts in Theater Arts from Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Awka, Anambra State. After graduating, Destiny Ethiko entered the mandatory National Youth Corps (NYSC) in 2014 and graduated from the National Youth Corps (NYSC) in 2015.
5. After registering with the Actors Guild of Nigeria as a professional actress, Destiny Etiko started attending movie auditions and was appointed to cast in several movies. She started out with a minor character before levelling up to a lead character till she became a mega super star. Destiny is a confident and bold woman known for being outspoken about personal issues. She has been described as one of the most beautiful and gorgeous actresses in Nigeria. She described her experience as a difficult one because she had to combine her acting career with her schooling as she was still a student at the time. Etiko in an interview affirmed that she had been a victim of sexual harassment against women by male movie producers who are by far the majority as pertains movie productions in Nigeria
7. In 2014, Destiny Etiko was nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the City People Entertainment Awards. In 2015, she was also nominated for Best Actress in Nigeria at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for her role in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Idemili” an epic tragic and horror movie. Destiny Etiko has acted in more than 130 Nollywood movies. Some of the movies she has acted in include: Idemili, Airline Babes, Black Xmas, After Wawa, More Trouble, School Trouble, Enuma, Fear of a Woman (2016), 3 Days to Wed (2016), The Storm (2016), Evil Seekers (2017), Tears of Regret (2018), The prince & I (2019), Heart of Love (2019), My sisters love (2019), Poor Billionaire (2019, Virgin goddess (2019), Queen of love (2019), The Sacred Cowry (2019), The Return of Ezendiala (2019), Barren Kingdom (2019), Pains of the Orphan (2019), Clap of Royalty (2019, The Hidden Sin (2019), Family Yoke (2019), King’s Word (2019), Sound of Evil (2019), My Private Part (2019) as Stella, Power of Royalty (2019), Sunset of Love (2019), London Prince (2019), Woman of Power (2019), Living in Poverty (2020), Hour of Victory (2020), Wrong turn (2021), Widows money (2022), and so many others. She is currently one of the most skillful and highest paid actresses in Nigeria. She makes her performances look so real as if it was a real life situation.
8. Destiny Etiko is a force to reckon with in the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood. She has carved a niche for herself in the entertainment industry and has also attracted herself to popular movie producers and directors in Nigeria, who cast her in their movies consistently as a lead character. Destiny Etiko acts in both English and Igbo speaking movies and knows how to interpret her roles very well. Destiny Etiko has shared screens with prominent Nollywood actors and actresses such as Ernest Obi, Cynthia Okereke, legendary Pete Edochie, Patience Ozokwor, Nkem Owoh, Chinwetalu Agu, Ngozi Ezeonu, John Okafor, Mercy Johnson, Ken Erics, Genevieve Nnaji, Yul Edochie, Zubby Michael, Tonto Dikeh, Eve Essien and a host of other popular Nollywood celebrities.
9. Destiny Etiko is very gifted in acting and interpretation of movie roles. She has been regarded as one of Nollywood most fastest rising actresses and one of the richest Nollywood actresses in Nigeria. Destiny Etiko in the course of her acting career has won a lot of awards and recognitions. Some of the awards she has won include Most Promising Actress in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards, Best New Actress at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Golden Icon Movie Academy Awards, Best Actress in Nigeria at the best of Nollywood Awards.
10. Destiny Etiko relationship status currently is single, and has never been married before. She kept her relationship and personal life hidden and away from public eyes and social media attention, that is why nobody knows who her real boyfriend actually is. Some people believe she is in a romantic relationship with Nollywood actor Zubby Michael, but that assumption cannot be verified because both Destiny Etiko and Zubby Michael have not made any public announcement of any of them being in any relationship. However, Zubby Michael is always spotted with Destiny Etiko in clubs, events and social gatherings and both parties, they also always share passionate kisses outside the camera which makes people start thinking that the two Nollywood stars are indeed in a romantic relationship.
11. When it comes to luxury, Etiko has invested some of her wealth into an expensive houses in the city of Enugu where she resides. It will be recalled that on August 13, 2021, Destiny Etiko took to her Instagram page on her 32nd birthday to show her newly acquired mansion located in Enugu State. She wrote, “a birthday gift from me to me”. Barely a month later, she also took to her Instagram page to share photos of her second completed mansion on September 1, 2021. Three months later, on December 12, 2021, she also took to her Instagram page to announce the completion of her third mansion. Her car collections are top-notch, cars like 4matic Benz worth over N25 million, Toyota Venza worth over N12 million, 2021 customized Land Cruiser Prado Jeep worth N37 million and a Lexus Jeep worth over N10 million fills up spaces in her compound.
12. Destiny Etiko currently has an approximate net worth of over $750,000, according to creebhills.com, making her one of the richest and most influential actresses in Nigeria. She is also very popular on social media with more than 4.1 million followers on her official Instagram account and Facebook page. Destiny Etiko aside from acting is also a social media influencer, a YouTuber, a movie producer, brand ambassador, modeling of clothes and pieces of jewelry. She also receives endorsements from different brands and she is working with construction companies.
13. Without mincing words, Destiny Etiko remains one of the most generous and selfless actresses in the Nigerian movie industry. Her goodwill towards the less privileged has earned her so much love and affection from the masses. Currently, the actress set up a non-profit organization in her name which is aimed basically at alleviating the miserable condition of people languishing in penury and destitution. Destiny Etiko Foundation (DEF) on countless occasions have reached out to people in various localities in order to lend a helping hand in any little way.
14. Destiny Etiko alongside her crew members have visited schools, widows and poverty-stricken individuals in the interior parts of Nigeria and subsequently blessed them with items such as bags of rice, garri and so on. There is no doubt that benevolent gestures like such bring about much love from people and blessings from God; little wonder they say ‘one good turn deserves another’. Hence it is in her nature to show excessive love to the helpless, they reciprocate in the little way they can by continuously blowing her trumpet.
Destiny Etiko is indeed a character to watch out for in the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood.