Ebele Okaro is one of the most prominent actress in Nigeria. She has been in the Nigerian movie industry for over two decades and regarded as the mama of Nollywood.
She is always known for her motherly role in movies. So therefore, in this article I will be sharing with you 10 real facts about Nollywood famous actress Ebele Okaro that you probably didn’t know.
1. Ebele Okaro Onyiuke popularly known as Ebele Okaro is a famous Nollywood actress, producer, entrepreneur and a television personality. She is popularly known as Nwanyi Awka due to her hilarious role in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Okada 50” a movie that was produced by Zubby Michael. She is very beautiful, gifted, skillful, creative and talented in acting and interpretation of movie roles. She knows how to interpret her roles very well and can fit in any character given to her by movie producers and directors in Nigeria.
2. Ebele Okaro was born on 19th January 1964 in London, United Kingdom but was raised in Nsukka, Enugu State in the south eastern part of Nigeria. She is currently 56 years old. She has been regarded as one of the best performing actresses in Nigeria and also one of the most talented actress in Nigeria known for her hilarious and motherly role in movies. She has been hailed as one of the most prominent actress in Nigeria. She has been in the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood for over two decades.
3. Ebele Okaro is originally from Nsukka, a small town in Enugu State in the south eastern part of Nigeria, but was born in London, United Kingdom. Her mother was a full time television producer and her father was an engineer who had great interest in Arts and Literature. She was born into a devoted catholic family. Ebele Okaro attended Santa Maria Primary School in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria and obtained her First School Leaving Certificate. After completing her primary school education, Ebele Okaro proceeded to Queen of the Holy Rosary Secondary School in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria and obtained her West African Senior School Certificate. While still in secondary school she was actively involved in drama and performing art.
4. After completing her primary and secondary school education, Ebele Okaro proceeded to University of Calabar in Cross River State, Nigeria to study Education, but due to her passion in Dramatic Arts, she switched over to Theatre Arts and graduated four years later with a Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Arts. Ebele Okaro began acting while attending the Santa Maria Primary School and has featured in several drama and stage play in Enugu, Nigeria while still in secondary school.
5. After completing her university education, Ebele Okaro was posted to Lagos State, Nigeria for her One year mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), where she used the opportunities and made several appearances on television. However, with the declines in the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood at that time, Ebele Okaro after completing her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) took up a job working in an embassy in Lagos and later in a bank before returning back to acting.
6. In 1996, Ebele Okaro joined the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood professionally as a full time actress and rose to prominence after starring as a royal queen in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Egg of Life” a movie that was released in 2003. Since then till date she has featured in several Nollywood blockbuster movies and still counting. Her role as Nwanyi Awka in the comedy movie “Okada 50” made her a global figure. The movie earned her an award for Best Comic Actress in Nigeria at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
7. In 2014, Ebele Okaro produced and acted in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Musical Whispers” a movie that advocates for loving care for children with autism. The movie featured appearance from prominent Nollywood actors and actresses like Chioma Chukwuka and Kalu Ikeagwu. She has become known as the “Mama of Nollywood” due to her consistent motherly roles she plays in movies. Ebele Okaro has been free from media scandal throughout her acting career in Nollywood and this has earned her so much respect from both fans and colleagues in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
8. Ebele Okaro is currently married into the Onyiuke family and the marriage is blessed with lovely children. In 2017, Ebele Okaro performance in the movie “4-1 Love” won her the award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards. Ebele Okaro has acted in more 250 Nollywood movies. Some of the movies she has acted include Eziza, Moving Fingers, Red Light, Shallow Waters, Third Eye, Hostages, 30 Days, Bambitious, Chetanna, Musical Whispers, 4-1 Love, The Powerful Babies, Road to Yesterday, What Lies Within, and many more. She acts mostly as a caring mother in several movies.
9. Ebele Okaro in the cause of her acting career has won several awards which include Best Supporting Actress in a Drama at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards, Most Prominent Actress in Nigeria at the Best of Nollywood Awards and Best Actress in Indigenous Drama (Igbo) at the City People Entertainment Awards. She has been described as one of the most gifted, most skillful, most creative and most talented actresses in Nigeria. She has the ability to interpret her roles very well and can fit in any character given to her by movie directors and producers in Nigeria.
10. Ebele Okaro currently has an estimated net worth of $700,000 making her one of the richest and most influential actress in Nigeria. She is also very popular on social media with more than a million followers on her official Instagram account and Facebook page. In 2011, Ebele Okaro was honored by the Nigerian Federal Government as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR) which happens to be the highest award and honor given to a celebrity in Nigeria who has contributed immensely to the economy growth and development of the country through entertainment. Ebele Okaro is also regarded as one of the most sought after actress in Nigeria and also one of the highest paid actress in Nigeria. Ebele Okaro is indeed a great character to watch out for in the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood.
Who is Ebele’s Husband and do they have Children?
We know Ebele Okaro is happily married with kids but the identity of her immediate family (husband and children) are still a mystery. Just like her parents and siblings, Ebele is not at the moment looking forward to revealing details of her private life with the press. She might be keeping the identity of her husband and children a secret but we do know that she married from the famous Onyiuke family and she is still married to her husband to date.
Is Zubby Michael Ebele Okaro’s Son?
For a while now, there have been speculations of actress Ebele Okaro being the mother of the famous Nigerian actor Zubby Michael. These speculations were fueled as a result of Ebele referring to Zubby as her son in one of her posts on social media. The Instagram post got people asking if really Zubby is the son of the veteran actress owing to the fact that the identities of her kids are not known.
We can confirm that there is no truth to such rumors and that Ebele referring to Zubby as her son was taking out of context. Ebele Okaro is a symbolic mother figure of many younger actors and actresses in the Nigerian movie industry, and one of whom is Zubby Michael. In fact, she is not the only one who has referred to the actor as her son. On his birthday, veteran actress Ngozi Ezeonu also referred to him as her “golden son” in her congratulatory message to him. Zubby Michael’s real parents are Mr. and Mrs. Egwu and he has 5 siblings of which he is the second child of his parents.